Download the VoiceView Audio File for Your Device
If you’ve recently factory reset your Kindle, you will need to re-download the audio file for your device to use VoiceView. Help for Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation), Kindle Oasis (8th Generation), Kindle (8th Generation) and Kindle Oasis (9th Generation).
To download and install the audio file:
- Check your software version. If your Kindle is not on the latest software version, you will need to update your device to the latest available version. To learn more, go to Fire & Kindle Software Updates.
- Download the audio file for your device model:
- Turn on your Kindle and plug it into your computer using the USB cable.
- Drag and drop the file from your computer into the Kindle drive.
- Monitor the transfer to ensure the file transfers successfully.
- Eject the Kindle to safely disconnect your Kindle from your computer, and then disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.
- Hold the power button on your Kindle for 20 seconds.
- Wait one minute while your Kindle restarts and installs the voice file.