About the macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Update
This update is recommended for all macOS High Sierra users.
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Update improves the stability, performance, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
- Adds support for Business Chat conversations in Messages in the U.S.
- Adds support for external graphics processors (eGPUs).
- Fixes graphics corruption issues affecting certain apps on iMac Pro.
- Allows jumping to the rightmost open tab using Command-9 in Safari.
- Enables sorting of Safari bookmarks by name or URL by Control-clicking and choosing Sort By.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent web link previews from appearing in Messages.
- Helps protect privacy by only AutoFilling usernames and passwords after selecting them in a web form field in Safari.
- Displays warnings in the Safari Smart Search field when interacting with password or credit card forms on unencrypted webpages.
- Displays privacy icons and links to explain how your data will be used and protected when Apple features ask to use your personal information.
- No longer disables User Approved Kernel Extension Loading on MDM-enrolled devices. For devices with DEP-initiated or User Approved MDM enrollment, administrators can use the Kernel Extension Policy payload.
- Improves Spotlight search results for files stored on network mounts.
- Properly evaluates ACLs on SMB share points.
- Adds the --eraseinstall flag to the startosinstall command in the macOS Installer app at Contents/Resources/startosinstall. Use this flag to erase and install macOS on a disk. For details, run startosinstall with the --usage flag.
- Updates System Image Utility to allow creating NetInstall images that erase and install macOS to a named target volume.
See Apple Security Updates for detailed information about the security content of this update.