so many SIM cards
phone support can get confused
better if you know
Learn which size SIM card your iPhone or iPad uses
To learn which SIM card your iPhone or Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad uses, find your model in the list.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air and later
- iPad mini and later
- *iPad mini 3 and later, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro support Apple SIM.
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
Embedded Apple SIM
The Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad Pro (9.7-inch) embedded Apple SIM built into your iPad. This iPad also has a SIM tray for a nano-SIM card—you can use a nano-SIM card from a carrier or an active Apple SIM.* This iPad won't support an Apple SIM card that hasn't been activated.
*Contact your carrier for details.
- Identify your iPhone or iPad model.
- Remove or switch the SIM card.
- Damage to the SIM tray or the device caused by a modified SIM card isn't covered by Apple's hardware warranty. If you cut or modify your SIM card to fit a different device model, you might not be able to connect to cellular networks or access certain features using that device.
- If you get a new iPhone and your old SIM card won't fit, contact your carrier to move your account to the SIM card that came with your iPhone. Or ask how to get a new SIM card if your iPhone didn't come with one.