all have their own pairing steps
AirPods are unique
If you can't set up your AirPods
If you don't see the setup animation when you try to set up your AirPods with your iPhone, follow these steps. After each step, try to set up your AirPods again.
- Make sure that your AirPods are charged.
- Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. The status light should flash white.
- If the status light doesn't flash white, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
- Still can't set up your AirPods? Press and hold the setup button for at least 15 seconds, until you see the status light flash amber a few times and then flash white.
Use your iPhone to set up your AirPods
If you're setting up your AirPods for the first time,* follow these steps:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Open the case—with your AirPods inside—and hold it next to your iPhone.
- A setup animation appears on your iPhone.
- Tap Connect, then tap Done.
If you're signed in to iCloud, your AirPods are set up automatically with any of your supported devices that are signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.